Do you know how to recognize if you need house painting in Danville? Two sure signs are crumbling or peeling paint and exposed wood. If you are planning to put your home on the market in the near future, you know how important curb appeal is to help your house stand out among others also for sale. The licensed painting experts at Custom Painting, Inc. can help you recognize any problems in your exterior paint job and help you fix them.
How to Tell If You Need for House Painting in Danville
There are sure fire ways to tell if you need your exterior to be repainted. A few of these are:
- Paint chips on the ground near the foundation. If you see small chips of paint around the foundation, on steps leading to your home or in your flower beds, you know there is a problem and an exterior paint job is needed.
- Walls that are turning green from mildew. It is common for some exterior areas to hold more moisture than other areas. In fact, walls that are in the shade for much of the day, are near pools or ponds and the eaves are home are where you will see the most mildew. Mildew will begin to break down the paint so it is important to remove it and invest in a fresh coat of paint to protect any wood surfaces.
- Paint that is fading can also indicate you need house painting for your Danville home. The sun and elements will break down the pigments in your paint. Areas of your home that are in the full sunlight day in and day out are most likely to be noticed. When exterior fading becomes noticeable, it may be time to think about painting again.
- Water running down the sides of your home can also cause discoloring and staining. Sometimes you can remove the stains with a pressure washer; sometimes you can’t. If the staining is bothersome, consider repainting and then adding additional gutters or flashing to avoid this problem in the future.
- A nail, or nails, that has come loose from the boards and is protruding is another sign that your house needs to be painted again. When moisture reaches the wood it will cause the wood to expand and contract. This causes the nails to become loose and disrupts the paint. Your painting professional can help you determine if the protruding nails are a sign of more serious damage.
- Paint that is peeling or bubbling also indicates a need for house painting in Danville. Perhaps the paint was applied incorrectly or has been affected by storm damage. This can lead to peeling, cracking or bubbling which are signs that should never be ignored. Paint left in this condition can allow moisture to get under the paint and cause warping or rotting. Either of these conditions will cost much more to fix – in time and money – than having the home repainted.
Home ownership can be wonderful, but when repairs are needed, it can be frustrating. Be on the watch for these warning signs and then be sure to take action to correct them. The sooner you take steps to make repairs, even if it is exterior house painting in Danville, the better it will be.